Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Now THAT is hot!

So to follow up from my previous post, here are all of the pillows I have made...first I made one big one for the middle, but I decided it looked a bit like a bed pillow...boo

See bed pillow...so...I decided to just literally cut the pillow in half and sew it up...

I had a little extra material of the blue stuff, so I just sewed and stuffed it...I showed Jacob's mom and she said that actually you ARE supposed to have an uneven amount of pillows on your couch...so that works awesome!  Here the final product:


OK...now...onto the point of my post...

So a guy at work gave me some jalapeno peppers...I've never worked with peppers before, just jarred ones...I have heard horror stories of people cutting up a pepper then touching their eyes and they were in agony for hours...just didn't seem worth it to me....but, since these peppers were free, I thought I would try it out...

Here are my supplies...jalapenos, Parisian cheese, cream cheese and GLOVES! 

The thing holding up my cheese is a spaghetti squash...I have no idea what that is, or what to do with it...but I'm going to wing it and see how it goes...

Aaaaanyway....

The guy at work, told me to cut them down the center...so...I did...

 
Then I mixed a bit of cheese with cream cheese and stuffed
 
Please excuse the pink thumbnail...I was testing out a fingernail polish at Hyvee...maybe that should have been my first clue...needless to say, I did not buy it...it was like a flat nail polish...not shiny at all...and it would take like 10 coats to make it not be transparent....no thanks...I don't have time for that!  And...I really need to get away from this pink color...I can never seem to go outside the box when it comes to nail polish...I really try, but I always come back to this sort of pink...frustrating....ok...wow...ADD much today! 
 
So...here they are stuffed and in a pan...the guy said to put them in a jelly dish...and I have absolutely no clue as to what in the world that is couldn't find mine so I just put it in this dish
 
Then I waited...
 
In the mean time, Jacob was cooking steaks on the grill...we heard on the radio about the Omaha Steak truck being in the mall parking lot...I thought I would try those out...great deal, the steaks looked pretty good...bad, bad, bad, bad, horrible idea...ugh...we choke those steaks down every time we make them...they are thin and flavorless...I think if you liked your steaks nasty and dry well well well done....you would like them...we are not those people...so please people, don't make the same mistake we did...don't buy meat from a truck...in the mall parking lot...who would have thought...live and learn...Ps....we have steaks for sale if anyone wants to buy them...
 
The timer went ding, and I took out the peppers...


Now, I was told these shouldn't be that hot...so I was excited...I like spicy things...but I still like to taste what I am eating...well...these...were...burn the crap out of your tongue, mouth, throat, esophagus and stomach lining...HOT! Good, but HOT!  If I ever had any sort of sinus issue ever in my life, THIS would have cleared that up!  Holy, holy HOT!  We ate two each and couldn't take anymore...I think I will cut the rest of it up and make a dip of some sorts?  We shall see, they might just end up sitting in the fridge until Sunday when it's time to take out the trash...

 
I really should blog a little more often so I am not all over the place...either that or do it NOT during bedtime when I am putting on about 3 miles walking between the bedroom and the couch 788 times while putting Charlie to bed...
 


1 comment:

  1. Ok first of all love the pillow idea! That is the number one reason I want a sewing machine!!! Secondly, with the peppers, if you wrap bacon around them and then baked....OMG!

    ReplyDelete