Monday, September 10, 2012

AH....Preschool!

Preschool….preschool….preschool! 

I can’t believe my baby girl is off to preschool already!  I’m so scared and nervous for her, but also, SO excited!  I think it is just scary as a parent knowing your child is off in the world without you!

Jacob’s mom used to do daycare for Paityn full time until she was a year old.  It was so nice knowing that I could just drop her off with someone that loves her as much as I do!  After she was a year old we decided to take her to a daycare a couple times a week, just so she could get used to other kids and get some more exposure to other things throughout the day.

I had no issue at all choosing who I wanted to practically raise care for our first baby!  I used to work at Kids Korner when I was in highschool…I loved this job!  I got to mostly work in the preschool room but every now and then I got to work in the toddler room as the helper.  The main teacher in that room was Amanda…even though I was only 17 and it wasn't totally on my radar, it was impossible to not notice how much she absolutely loved what she was doing! I loved how much she loved the kids, how much she truly loved what she was doing, you could tell it is what she was meant to do!  I noticed this when I was younger and it just hit me after I had my first baby what kind of person I wanted to care for my baby!  I felt so fortunate that she had an opening and Paityn could start right away!

During the first few months you could really see Paityn come out of her shell...she has always been a silly, goofy girl around us, but when we were around others, I could tell she would hold back and become more shy.  This all changed when she started going to daycare...it was so fun to watch the day to day changes! 

Now, she is in PRESCHOOL! Holy cow!  I realize she will go to preschool for two years as I KNOW I will not be ready to send my baby to Kindergarten next year.  I know that this is something parents struggle with a lot...whether to send or to hold them back...everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do and that is wonderful, I full understand.  For me, I know that I that she won't be ready (ok who am I kidding, she would be ready, she is a genius- jk....every parent thinks their kid is a genius right) but here is my theory...Paityn's birthday is July 29th...so...if we sent her to school at the age of 5...she would graduate at 17...meaning when she moved to college, she would be JUST turning 18...I know how things go in college and I know she will need that extra year to mature and get ready for the big world (Ok, who am I kidding, I just want my baby home for at least one more year!). 

Ok, wow, getting a little far off into the future!  Eh hem...sorry...anyway....Paityn really enjoyed school today, she even called me when she got back to daycare!  She got super annoyed at supper when Jacob and I asked a ton of questions...I just wish she could have had a camera following her around all day! 

So, how does THIS beautiful little baby:

Turn into THIS amazing little girl?!?!? 
 
 
Oh how she is changing!  I love it but it makes me sad...however, I know I cannot stop it or slow it down, so I must embrace it!  Every minute of it! 
 
Happy first day of preschool Paityn! 

2 comments:

  1. Okay. . . after reading this post, now I'm totally second guessing sending Scarlett to school at 5! Her birthday is July 6th, and I was thinking if I sent her than she and Khalil would be in the same great, and there would be advantages in that, etc. . . but I think I like your whole having her around longer reasoning. Cause well. . . I never want my kids to leave the nest. Hmm. . . lots to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is really difficult to make the decision and like I said, everyone has their own reasons for what they do and for them, it is the right decision...for me...that is just my logic of thinking...I want my babies with me as long as I can get them! I figure, holding back will never be a bad idea...they just get the extra maturity...more confidence...I don't know! It's so difficult making such huge life decisions for our children!!!! EEEK!

      Delete