Thursday, September 13, 2012

How It All Began....

Sunday was Jacob and my 6th anniversary!  I can’t believe it has been that long!

Jacob was two years younger than me in high school so I never really got a chance to know him…until…geometry.  Somehow (fate?) in school I took algebra and algebra II without ever taking geometry.  Well I needed that to graduate so there I was….a senior…in class with 10th and 11th graders.  It was actually a lot of fun…one of those 10th graders in my class was Jacob….and I sat by him…and he was muscular....and funny…and cute…maybe THAT is why I liked that class so much? 

Jacob was also a wrestler….I had been cheering for wrestling for a couple years at that point and I loved it!  It was always so much fun hanging with friends almost every weekend while getting to look at cute wrestling boys….who could ask for more?!?!?

Between geometry and wrestling…Jacob caught my attention.  I remember asking him to go to Dairy Queen one day and I didn’t even like ice cream at the time....I was so nervous but so at ease.  Once we started "going out" (April 7, 2000) we would spend hours and hours together!  His parents didn’t have cable so we would just sit in his room, talking for hours every night!  It never ever got old and we never ran out of anything to say to each other! 

We moved in together when I bought our house when I was 21...It was a big commitment, but we were both so excited and ready for it! 

Now, back in our PCD (pre-children days) we used to have candle lit suppers all the time…it was just fun and made us feel “grown up” it was great!  So on October 27, 2005 when Jacob suggested we do one, I didn’t think anything of it!  He came home,  with flowers (still clueless), made a nice meal, candles lit and all.  When we were all finished I was about to get up to put my dishes away and he said, “You can’t waste that steak, eat it” so I tried and before I knew it he was next to me down on one knee, ring in hand…I laughed….and laughed…and laughed and asked “are you serious” about 5 times!  Then it hit me what was really going on, I was in so much shock and so excited!  You see, when Jacob purposed to me, I was in total shock because he had been working at RPU for a while and a couple days earlier, we got news that he was getting laid off; I thought for sure we would NEVER getting married then! (A bit dramatic perhaps….but it sucked!)


Once we got settled in and used to the idea that we were going to be husband and wife...the date was picked, September 9, 2006...I had a lot to do!  I enjoyed planning the wedding and including everyone in on it!  It was a blast!  Now remember, this was BP (before pinterest)...had there been something like Pinterest back in the day….oh my gosh I can’t even THINK of the possibilities!  Seriously!  It would have consumed me!!! 
Here are some pictures from that cold and dreary wonderful happy day!  One of those days I wish I could relive over….and over…..and over….and over again! I loved all the people there, all the people that stood up with us, everyone that just made the day and night so special to us!

 





Every now and then...I think of this moment (that I didn't know happened until months later)...it makes me laugh every time I think of it:

To ensure we captured all the special events that happened and people that attended throughout the day, we hired a videographer (which we paid good money for, he did a great job…but we have only watched the video one time….shame, shame, shame).  At the end of the night he wanted me to say a message to Jacob and Jacob would say a message to me.  The first time I watched the video, I was in shock at Jacob’s message to me….it was a great message and all was going well…then it was time for him to “sign off”….what, you might ask, would be the groom’s parting words to his new bride….well …..”Peace Out”…. what else?  Yes, in his nice thoughtful words to me, he decided to end it all with “Peace Out” and in all honestly…it made me laugh….a lot….and that my friends, is when I knew without a doubt in my soul, that our life together would be full of laughs!  Six years later….we are still laughing (mostly at each other).  Happy 6th Anniversary!  Thank you for the laughs, the children, the wisdom and the love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment