Friday, September 7, 2012

Now and Then


Ok most of you probably remember the “25 things about me” that was going around on facebook a couple years ago…I loved reading them….It was fun reading about people…and….25 things about yourself is much trickier to think of than you might think! 

Anyway, I thought I would bring it back….when I was finished with my list, I got to thinking that I should go back and look at the one I did on Facebook how many years ago….so here is a little “Now and Then” (great movie by the way!) for you!

NOW (September 7, 2012)

1.       Family and friends are the most important thing to me!

2.       I drive with a “spinner knob” (I think it’s called a suicide knob) on my car…people make fun of me all the time for it, but you’d be surprised how I can whip right into a parking spot with that baby!

3.       I truly have a clothes addiction….I just cannot stop! Jeans are the worst!

4.       I can type really fast....I type really loud as well, but I type fast….

5.       I really love my job, I love the people I work with and the work I do

6.       When trying to figure something out, I hate reading instructions, I would rather just fiddle my way through and figure it out on my own, I feel more accomplished that way

7.       I love, love, love helping people…I hate seeing people struggle or feel down, so if I can make them laugh, put a positive spin on something, or just listen…I am game to do so at any time!

8.       I was Little Miss Sweetheart 1987; I still have my sash, trophy and crown.

9.       I laugh really loud….I’m talking really loud…I try and hold it back, but I just can’t…There are OFTEN times that people come up and are like, “I knew you were here, I could hear you laughing.” Ooooof

10.   I hate how thin and baby fine my hair is

11.   Caffeine has a major (delayed) effect on me!  If I drink anything with caffeine in it after like 1 pm I will be up for most of the night….I have often thought I should wake up at like 3 am and chug a pop or coffee so by the time I have to get up in the morning it has kicked in and I am ready to rock!

12.   I hate being late, however, I usually am

13.   I love taking pictures, but I know I don’t use my camera to its fullest abilities (see number 6 above)

14.   I love being crafty….but I hate when I do something and it isn’t what I pictured in my head.

15.   When I get an idea to do something in my head…I can think of NOTHING but doing said thing.

16.   I have some of the best memories from being younger….I wish I could re-live some of those days.

17.   I am a huge bargain shopper and HATE paying full price for anything!

18.   I would love to have, like 3 more kids!  I love seeing the differences and similarities in my kids, I love seeing them interact with each other, and I love being pregnant!

19.   I wish I were 2 inches taller

20.   I drink A LOT of water, but only if I can put a squeeze of lemon juice in it.

21.   My feet are two different sizes!  That makes it SUPER tricky to buy shoes! I think it’s from having Charlie and they are finally going back to normal (p.s. no one ever told me that your FEET grown when you are pregnant…who knew!)

22.   Every single day, I pray to God that he watches over my family and friends….I couldn’t imagine living a day without any of them!

23.   I often over think a lot of different situations and when plans are made I need to know details!  A girl has to plan what she is going to wear, shoes, hair, etc….some things, you can’t just “wing”

24.   I love people, I love hearing about other people’s lives, their day to day, their dreams, ideas etc. I love to get glimpses into how people live their lives….it intrigues me!

25.   I can’t wait to see who and what my children grow up to be, I know they will be amazing people!

Then (January 28, 2009)

1.       I pray daily asking God to keep my family and friends safe healthy and happy

2.       My biggest fear is losing a child

3.       I listen to KDWB every morning and laugh while driving

4.       I truly do love my in-laws

5.       My husband is in fact my best friend

6.       I used to play the saxophone and sing in choir

7.       I loved high school

8.       I want a lot of children

9.       I love to hang out with my family

10.   I bought my first house all on my own a month after turning 21

11.   I listen to Country music, but I do have a thug side to me every now and then and listen to rap

12.   I am friends with ALMOST all of my work girls

13.   I think facebook is a wonderful thing and I have contacted people that I normally would probably have never seen again in my life

14.   I bought my first car of $25…a week later it died and I sold it to the junk yard for $75

15.   I started my first job when I was 13, I was a dishwasher, THE worst job ever

16.   I hope my children have the same morals, respect and trust that I was raised with

17.   I miss my grandparents so much and vow that my children will have closer relationships with their grandparent’s than I had with mine.

18.    I like beer, not mixed drinks, BEEEEER

19.   My closest friends are the ones I had growing up

20.   I used to live in an old funeral home

21.   I remember my dreams almost to the exact detail every day!

22.   I love, love, love being a mother and I am happy I have a wonderful husband who still lets me be me and not ONLY a mom

23.   I value my sisters opinions and ideas above all other

24.   I am horrible at making decisions

25.   I have been working the same job since I was 20 years old, I believe that I will retire from the same company (I HOPE anyway :0) )
 
Funny thing is, I think that a lot of what I wrote 3 years ago, is still very true !

No comments:

Post a Comment