Wednesday, September 5, 2012

My First Time (blogging that is)

My first blog!  Here’s to hoping that I can keep up with this!  I feel like it is something that I have wanted to do for a very long time now, but haven’t felt like I could commit to it fully!  After reading a couple blogs the last couple days, I really feel like it motivates me to be productive around the house and do fun things with my kids.  I think that sounds weird, but it’s true….and I am hoping that by doing this blog it will motivate me even MORE to do stuff so I can share it all with you! 

Like last night, for example, I felt super motivated to organize and be creative!  So when I got home, I started going through the kids’ clothes to try and make some organization out of that room! Paityn LOVES wearing Charlie’s clothes these days (yes, a 4 year old in 2T pants might look funny, but if you cuff them a bit, they look like pretty stylish capris)…she changes her clothes about 3 times a night and it wreaks havoc on their room!  With her starting preschool on Monday (tear, tear) I feel like I need some sort of organization in that room! It felt great to get everything put where it should and I have high hopes that it might last a month or two a week or two!  While I was doing this organizing the kids were helping (which always works well) and I was making super….multitasking! 

When I was finished with all that and sort of got the kids to sleep, I decided I wanted to try a Pinterest project that fits me perfectly! 

My mom and dad got me a sewing machine for Christmas and I wanted to actually use it (I know, I know it is September and I got it in December…I get it…) I had a t-shirt for my brother-in-laws benefit on Saturday and I just hate how t-shirts fit me (thanks for the child bearing hips mom) so I wanted to make this shirt a little more fitted….so…so….so easy!  If I can figure out how to do it, I will put the pinterest post on here (hey, I figured it out!).  Then Jacob’s aunt wrote about a post she has on pinterest that I so want to try for making a t-shirt into a tank top!  WHAT!  Awesome, I know!  So my first endeavor with my sewing machine went well!  It took me forever to figure out how to thread it and all that jazz, but I got it!  Now, what else can I sew (that requires black thread, because I am not sure I want to go through the process of threading that all again)...

Well those were my adventures for the night....until later!

1 comment:

  1. Yay Melissa!! I am so excited to know what actually goes on in that brain of yours! Btw LOVE the blog!

    ReplyDelete