Friday, September 28, 2012

It Actually Worked!

So....I might have a major shopping addiction like to shop a lot little.  I like finding different pieces to go with other pieces.  I have about 30 or so solid color tank tops, just because you never know when you need that certain color top to go under a shirt...you just NEVER know! 

With my drawers exploding starting to get full, and the fact that I may have started to take over Jacob's side of the closet, I am starting to see that it might be getting out of control.  One of these days I really want and need to downsize, but not quite yet!

Over the last year I have really gone through my drawers and closet to cut back on the number of clothes that I never really wear.  I have successfully cleared out about 4 totes of clothing, that I will sell on a garage sale (if I ever get around to having one...oooof!).  I had a lot of sweaters that I hadn't worn in quite awhile and they were all packed in totes...well last winter I wanted some of those cute little "sweater cuff thingys" that stick out of your tall boots, well I decided to cut off the sleeves of one of the sweaters packed away and put them around my legs to stick out of my boots, if that makes sense?  Well it looked a little like this:



(These are NOT my legs, boots, or sweater sleeves -wish they were)

So...back to my whole too many clothes issue.  I wanted a blue cardigan, I don't know why, I just all of a sudden wanted one.  I knew if I brought home any more clothes, the Mr. would NOT be happy...boo...so...I improvised...I remember having a blue sweater that I loved but just never wore anymore and I knew it was in my garage sale totes...so, I searched for it...and found it...here it is:


Cute and all, but just tired of it...
 
I was really nervous about cutting this sweater because after I tried it on, I was like, "Ok, maybe I DO like this sweater...if I ruin it, then I can't even wear it normally anymore."...Then, I reminded myself, YOU HAVEN'T WORN THIS SWEATER IN YEARS, GET OVER IT!
 
 So, I cut it!


Then, I folded over the ends and pinned it...


Then, I sewed it (after having another struggle with my sewing machine and doing the bobbin crap)...but, here is the final product, the actual sewing only took me about 10 mintues...NICE

 
When I walked out of the bedroom to show Jacob, he got all, "You have how many clothes, why did you buy more?" to which I said, "Oh no, I made this!" He didn't believe me and I had to show him the before picture! 
 
Here is a little side by side....

 
To tell the truth, I was super surprised that this actually worked...and looked decent!  I paired it with a bright green tank and dark jean...love it!  I also, at some point, plan on wearing a mustard tank under it...cute!  AND for the chillier days, I have a green scarf I can wear with it...truly a versatile piece...yay me! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment