Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Re-vamp

I know it's been awhile...I've been busy re-decorating  here and there..I started with my entertainment center....
 
Here is what it used to look like:
 
 
This had our wedding cake topper (which actually was my sister Sarah and Paul's), my favorite wedding picture, our unity candle and a copper tree that I made...
 
I wanted to "revamp" the colors and such so i tried a few different things:
 
 
 
Didn't quite like either of them, then I came up with this:
I love the little owl...it was only like $8-10 from Big lots!  Super cute!

Then I decided I wanted to do my bookshelf in the living room...it used to look like this:
 
That is pretty much how it has looked for the last 6 years or so....time for a change!
 
I found this to be VERY challenging...the middle shelf in the bookcase doesn't move...so it was just at an awkward height...I was super frustrated and tried about 75 different ways of decorating....Which I tend to do all the time!  I move pieces, take pieces from other places try them out...it's quite the process....one of the ways I cam up with was this:

I didn't love it...there was just something about it i didn't dig...it bothered the crap out of me for an entire day...I went to savers and I found this:
It was a nice blue, very much the same as the other blues that I had here and there...but I thought I needed a little "pop" of color...so, naturally, I painted it...I really think it made a huge difference in the balancing of the bookshelf!  Here is the final product....I can dig it!
 
Then, I was at Target and I saw these lampshades and they were on sale!  So, I had to get them :)
 
 
Yes, I took the plastic off of them...Jacob said they looked 70's which I kind of agree, but then again I don't...I can't decide...whatever...I like them and they look good!
 
 
I noticed that before, you could hardly even tell that I had lamps on the table, way to pick a lampshade that is the EXACT same color as your wall Melissa!  Wow...Oh and the lamps themselves, I got those for Christmas YEARS ago, they were brass and white...you know...super cute???  Well I thought hey, spray paint changes anything!  So, I spray painted them and they looked like completely different lamps!  Love it! 
 
I really like to decorate and see how little changes make a huge difference!  Love it! However, I am glad my living room is finished and my OCD can rest for a bit...hopefully!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment