Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm BAAAaaaAAAAaaaCK!

For now that is....again...sorry...I have some ideas now what to blog about, it's just trying to find the time to actually do it!

So we had my family Christmas at our house this year...so...I got the brilliant idea (like two weeks before Christmas) that our bathroom needed a little facelift...honestly, it could use A LOT more than a facelift, but in the essence of money time I decided to just do a little bit of cosmetics on the bathroom...

Our bathroom had all the original stuff in it...light, mirror, vanity...blah!  Here is the before...

Not bad, but it had been like this for 5 years...and I was over it...



Seriously...I HATE this mirror and light and medicine cabinet thingy...ugh....just ugly!



Oh, THIS is what my bathroom was when we moved in (it was up behind the mirror still)...sea shells, why not!


 Anyway...I saw on Pinterest...imagine that...the yellow and gray bathroom, I loved it....I wanted it...I had to have it!

Here is the picture I had in mind of what I wanted...

Well, that ISN'T how it turned out....I don't know how someone else's idea that was posted on pinterest my "vision" went from this, to what it actually turned into...maybe I just wanted more of a drastic change...

So, I found a color I liked (Dover Gray - I figured it HAD to be the right color...I mean, I did go to school at DOVER-Eyota....it was as if it was meant to be ha)

When I painted the bathroom I didn't want to do the prep work like taping because I am too lazy like I said before I only had a couple weeks to get this finished before we had our family christmas...so, I turned to youtube...watched some guy paint a straight line on his garage door and figured...heck yes, I can do that!  I did end up taping some of walls by the ceiling, I mean I wasn't THAT confident that I could paint that well...but...I didn't tape off the entire bathroom and it actually wasn't that difficult (and as you can see, our bathroom is TINY, so it didn't take that long to paint)!

Anyway...so the gray I picked was much darker than I first pictured and a light yellow just did not look that good, so...I turned to mustard as the accent color...I love it!

So what we did:
Paint the walls
Change out the light fixture
Paint the vanity (black)
Change out that hideous mirror
Decorate (my favorite part!)

Here is Charlie helping Jacob change out the light fixture...such a stud!

Here is the finished product:




The shower curtain and towels are from TJ Maxx, along with that super cute little owl thing.

The little plaque things, I picked those up at micheal's for about a buck or two a piece...I had the kid's help me paint them...they loved to help with that and for about a week after I hung them up...the had to tell me every day which one they painted...they were so proud! I hung those bad boys up with these 3M things...it was almost like velcro but not...super cool and sturdy...and NO HOLES!!

And apparently, I am really digging the mustard/gray combo....awkward!


No comments:

Post a Comment